“I want to be a healer”
“I want to be a lightworker”
“I want to help teach people to change their lives for the better”
“I want to be a shaman”
How To Be More Spiritual Tip: YOU ALREADY ARE!
By doing what you do in your day-to-day lives, you’re already helping people. You might not even realize it; but the smile and kind words you said to the clerk at the store may have changed their life. Just being your authentic self brings and grounds positive energy into the earth at all times of the day and night.
However, stepping into bigger roles does start with small steps. If we’re not trusted to simply be kind to the people we stumble across in our daily existence, why should we be trusted dealing with severe states of emotional, physical, mental or spiritual distress in others?
It seems quite logical that we must also be in the process of healing ourselves before we begin to fully understand and step into the roles and paths of becoming a healer or teacher; understanding at the very least the core principles of the modalities we decide to follow and how they have positively or negatively affected our lives before we decide to give this guidance onto others.
Let’s look at an example of someone recommending fasting, ketogenic or raw food diets because they’ve done a little bit of research on the topic and have been practicing it for 3 weeks with good results. Things like drastic diet changes have the ability to majorly affect all of our body systems, along with influencing our emotional and mental states due to hormonal and biochemical changes, especially over long periods of time.
- Are they going to attain sufficient nutrition by following your plan for an extended period of time?
- Will they receive enough macronutrients, micronutrients, vitamins and minerals to ensure their body will still function?
- Are there any contraindications to someone partaking in this diet?
- Do they have any diseases which may become worse through following this method?
- Are they aware that they may experience headaches, dizziness, confusion, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, muscle aches and hormonal changes as their body adapts to the new foods?
- Have you seen positive changes to your own being from utilizing this method before?
- What are some other physical or emotional particulars that they might note once they start on this diet?
- How long should they remain on this diet for?
- Are there any markers in health that they need to watch out for to know if they should stop this particular diet?
Choosing the right field is a process. For some, they will know straight away; for others, it may take time.
Sometimes we can become anxious to have a fresh start, to follow our purpose work or jump into our new life-path straight away — Which is great!
But before you dive headfirst into the first, second or third healing modality you come across and start teaching others about it, ask yourself;
- Am I doing what I’m preaching? Is this sustainable?
- What fruit am I bearing from the ways that I live?
- Are they in line with the teachings of whatever doctrine I am following?
“The proof of the spiritual pudding is in the manifesting”
Do you want to teach people how to attain mental mastery?
Firstly, ask yourself if what you’re teaching has actually helped you so far in your life to gain strength over the ever-flowing currents of the mind.
Do you want to give exercise or healthy eating tips?
Ask yourself if you could stick to the plans you’re giving out. Do they work? Have you tried them before?
Do you want to be an intuitive healer/reiki practitioner?
Are you physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually strong enough to handle the energies of anyone that comes in for a healing? Do you know how to ensure you’re not taking on the energies yourself?
Make sure that your decision to follow a healing path or teach others isn’t based on emotional wants, nor pride, nor greed.
Is it what your soul is driving you to do?
Are you being guided into this, or have some messages been a little mixed up along the way?
Did you miss something?
It is important to have some critical thinking, because although you have found something you enjoy whilst on a fresh beginning, it is vital to be sure you have checked your internal guidance system before you decide to invest a lot of your time and energy into it.
Understand that you are already a healer; you are already bringing light and guidance into this world — before you make any rushed decisions, ensure you’re choosing the right path.
Maybe there’s something far better for you to be investing your time in!
Article by Casey Francis of https://www.howtobemorespiritual.com/blog