Political candidates have a long history of making promises they don’t keep. It’s an American tradition as old as apple pie and white picket fences, and every four years presidential candidates turn up the BS and Americans willingly deceive themselves and buy into more empty promises.
Donald Trump is perhaps the most hated president in modern history, and the most polarizing, and while those who understand how the political system works never believed for a minute that he would be able to deliver on his campaign promises, the alternative and independent press still supported him. Almost two years into his presidency, we now know that he is more or less just like all the rest, marching to the tune of deep state elements and corporate powers that haunt the American political system.
For the record, here is a list of Trump’s accomplishments, or non-accomplishments, as they relate to a number of his campaign promises. This list was compiled anonymously and sent to us here at Waking Times, and it serves as a reminder that the American political system is terminally broken and that by voting and participating in it, the American people are effectively expressing the depths of their cognitive dissonance and unwillingness to demand true representation.
Take a look:
- BIG SWAMP CREATURE ARRESTS: 0
- BIG SWAMP CREATURE PROSECUTIONS: 0
- SWAMP LEVEL: CRITICAL
- STATE OF THE SWAMP: RISING
- WALL ON SOUTHERN BORDER: NO
- MASS DEPORTATIONS OF CRIMINAL INVADERS: NO
- UNCONSTITUTIONAL WARS ENDED: 0
- UNCONSTITUTIONAL DECADES LONG OCCUPATIONS ENDED: 0
- WAR CRIMES PROSECUTED: 0
- LOCK HER UP: NO
- WACO ARRESTS OF THE MURDERERS: NO
- LaVoy Finicums’ MURDERERS BROUGHT TO JUSTICE: NO
- Randy Weavers wifes’ MURDERERS BROUGHT TO JUSTICE: NO
- 9/11 DOMESTIC CRIMINALS BROUGHT TO JUSTICE: NO
- EDWARD SNOWDEN PATRIOTISM RECOGNIZED: NO
- GOVERNMENT SPENDING CUT: NO
- GOVERNMENT COSTS CUT: NO
- AFFORDABLE MEDICAL AND DRUGS: NO
- REAL COST OF LIVING INCREASE FOR SSA/SSI: NO
- MISSING $21-$50 TRILLION RECOVERED: NO (see solari.com missing $21 Trillion)
- REVOCATION OF PATRIOT ACT: NO
- END OF SPYING ON CITIZENS: NO
- INCREASING WAR EFFORTS: YES
- HIDDEN TAX ON AMERICANS WITH TARIFFS: YES
- BIG TAX BREAKS FOR BILLIONAIRES: YES
- BIG TAX BREAK FOR TRUMP: YES
- GUN CONTROL: YES
- LOSS OF RIGHTS: YES
- FALSE HOPE, FAITH, AND TRUST: 100% ALL-TIME-HIGH RATING!
This list really could go on and on, but we’ll conclude with the big ambiguous promise of MAKING AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN. What do you think about this one? Is America on the road to becoming great again under the leadership of Donald Trump?